Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hers and Mine

Last night I thought about the site and what my hopes are, and today I'm deciding to share a picture of mine (or 2) and a picture from Flickr.

I have a thing for poppies. I don't know why I don't grow them, but I love them. What I love about Laura Mary's photo is the softness of the yellow/green/blueish-purple/white bokeh behind the soft red poppy and also the clarity of the stem.



This one has a depth of field that I like pretty well. The sharp of the flower and soft spotty blur behind- made of daisies and more primrose. I look forward to sun for lighter lovely blur.

pretty flower


And one of mine that I know I can do better. A couple of small flowers hidden among ripening blueberries behind our church. Aidan found it while he was scoping out some early berries and asked me to take a picture of it. It was a gray day, but I like the contrast of the pink against the green and the shapes of the bokeh in the back. If the sun ever comes out again then I would like to go back and get some blue in the background.

church flower

No comments:

Post a Comment